Choosing an orthodontic treatment is rightfully stressful. With the time and money commitments required, you want to make sure that the treatment you opt for is the absolute best option for you. Careful research and a thorough consultation with your orthodontist can get you there. But it’s important to keep in mind that some treatments, especially Invisalign, are laden with myths that might make your decision cloudier.
Showtime Smiles Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry is proud to offer orthodontics to people around McKinney, Texas. With Dr. Dan and his highly experienced team, you don’t need to worry about pervasive myths getting in the way of your orthodontic treatment. Keep reading to learn more about the most common Invisalign myths.
Common Invisalign Myths
Orthodontic myths can make a tough decision even more challenging. The best thing you can do is educate yourself on your options, so you have the best idea as to which treatment is right for you. But how can you do that when there are so many myths mixed in with the facts on treatments like Invisalign? Your best bet is to consult your orthodontist, who is professionally trained to avoid these misnomers in orthodontics. But, during your own research, you can keep these myths in mind:
- Invisalign is More Expensive than Traditional Braces: While this may be true in some cases, it’s not universal. A skilled orthodontist can work with you to cut down on the cost of Invisalign to make it comparable to that of traditional braces.
- Treatment with Invisalign takes Longer than Braces: Again, in the right hands, Invisalign won’t necessarily take longer than braces treatment. If timeliness is an important factor for you, discuss your options with your orthodontist.
- Invisalign Can’t Correct More Complicated Alignment Issues:
- Many people hesitate to ask about Invisalign because they aren’t sure Invisalign will work for them if they have more extreme orthodontic problems. In the right hands, Invisalign is extremely versatile and can handle many of the more complicated alignment issues in orthodontics. Definitely ask your orthodontist before making any assumptions!
- Invisalign Makes You Sound Funny when You Talk: Since the plastic aligner trays are personalized to fit snug on your smile, you’ll hardly notice a difference in your speech with Invisalign.
- Plastic is Lower Quality than Metal Braces: False! While Invisalign uses plastic aligners trays, the material is constantly being improved and evolved, so you could say that the plastic is, well, more than just plastic.
- You Don’t Need A Retainer: Bonus myth! It’s actually important that you wear your retainer after Invisalign. Just like braces, your teeth need to be trained to stay in their positions. The great team at Orthodontics LA actually has a great guide to wearing your retainer after Invisalign.
Invisalign With Showtime Smiles Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry
At Showtime Smiles Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, Dr. Dan will facilitate your personalized Invisalign treatment. After a consultation, you’ll have an impression taken, and then soon after you’ll receive your first set of aligner trays. You’ll receive new aligner trays every two weeks, to ensure that your alignment process is gradual but consistent. If you’re curious about what the Invisalign process is like at Showtime Smiles Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry
Interested in Invisalign?
If breaking these myths has tipped the scale in your decision to choose Invisalign, then call us today at 972.547.4443 to schedule a consultation. You can also contact us here or check out our guide to Invisalign for more information about the clear aligner system.