It can be challenging and nerve-wracking for kids and teens to get braces during adolescence, and many orthodontic patients express concern about how braces will change the way they look and how others see them. We totally get it! Having braces isn’t all fun and games. But the truth is that in the long run, receiving orthodontic treatment when you’re young will help set you up for a confident, healthy smile for the rest of your life. However, until those braces come off, it can be difficult to see that far into the future. We thought it would be helpful to show you some famous musicians who had braces when they were younger!
- Miley Cyrus – Cyrus became famous for acting and pop music when she was a teenager, so when she needed orthodontic treatment she opted for lingual braces, which are braces that are installed behind your teeth!
- Brendon Urie – The lead singer of Panic! At the Disco had traditional braces in high school! Photos are difficult to find, but his famous and confident smile is unmistakable now!
- Patrick Stump – The lead singer of the band Fall Out Boy also had braces in high school, and has tweeted about it! He said he didn’t like having braces, but his fans responded to his tweet to assure him they were were it for the smile he has now, and some even shared information about their own experiences with braces.
- Britney Spears – This pop sensation also had braces and retainer in her teenage years, just as she began gaining notoriety for her music!
- Gwen Stefani – One of the punk rock queens actually had adult braces at the age of 30! She wore them proudly and continued to work and perform in the music industry throughout her orthodontic treatment.
- Niall Horan – This One Direction band member-turned solo artist had braces as a teenager during the early stages of the band’s success. When he got completed his treatment and got his braces off, his fans celebrated with him!
Did your favorite celebrity have braces? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re read to find out how braces could help you be more confident, call our office to schedule a consultation today!